CWA Local 1182 Vs LEEBA
Night and Day
Here is a comparison between LEEBA and CWA.
|Dues||· Average $27 per pay check||· $50-$75 per pay check
· Can increase your dues anytime he wants to any amount
|Contract||· Over a 10% for its members
· Step Plan
· Annuity Fund
|· Signed two civilian contracts for DEP Police without members approval
· 45 hour work week
· Loss of 8 personal per year of annual leave each year
· Fired by SEA Gates Police Department for failure to secure a contract
· Failed to secure a contract for the guards at Sands Casino
|Prescription Benefits||· $3,500 per family, copays of $1-$3
· If $3,500 is reached the fund will come back in to pay again after deduction is met
|· You pay upfront for the first $1,500 each year for prescriptions!
· $2,500 Cap , No Family Coverage
· Copay $5 or $15
o Copay $10 $20 or $30 (Their website says benefits “Under Construction” for past three years)
|Legal Services||· Free legal services for criminal cases, divorce, house closings, credit repair, domestic violence, etc, Fagenson & Puglisi||· None|
|Dental Benefit||· Seledent $1500/member and for each dependant
· No copays
· $1000 for braces per child
|· Delta Dental
· 10% 30% 50% copay
|Vision/Optical/ Hearing aid
|· $175-200 per member and each dependent||· $100 vision
· Members pay upfront cost and does not get reimbursed right away (over 6 months)
|Political Power (which gets us good contracts)||· CWA has major political clout in NYS and NYC and over 600,000 members
· Member of NYC Labor Counsel
· Member of AFL-CIO with over 55 unions
|· None in NYC. Leeba only has 400 members in the entire City of New York.|
|Union Hall||· Yes||· None. They have a PO Box in NYC and an empty storefront as their main office in the middle of Pennsylvania|
|Legislative Power||· Yes||· None|
|Union Democracy||· Yes. CWA members can run for office, control their union||· No regular elections. It appears the current President has appointed himself President for Life.|
|Lawsuit against Union||· None||· 30% of LEEBA members are currently suing their union over corruption allegations, and bad contracts.
· LEEBA’s attorney is also suing LEEBA.
· LEEBA President has filed for bankruptcy many times.
|Meetings||· Regular meetings||· None.|
LEEBA is a dues-collection business pretending to be a union. Vote CWA and Help Make Our Union Stronger!