CWA Local 1182
2017 Scholarship Program
The CWA Local 1182 Union announces the 2017 Scholarship Awards Program. Under the Program, ten (10) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to seniors attending high school for their first year of college tuition.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
* Applicants must be a biological or adopted child (certificate of adoption required) of a member of the Local 1182 union. Grandchildren and Stepchildren are not eligible.
* Applicants must plan to attend a two (2)-year community college or four (4)-Year College or University.
* Scholarship funds will be paid during the month of November 2017—directly to the college, not the student. The scholarship funds will be issued to the college or university upon receiving a certificate of enrollment for the fall semester, which includes the Student ID number and Financial Aid Office address.
* Applicants must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor on their application attesting they are qualified for this scholarship program.
* Applications must be received by, the CWA Local 1182, no later than September 30, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
To begin Download the application in PDF file format by clicking on this LINK: 2017 student-scholarship-application
Mail one copy of a completed and typed application package to:
CWA Scholarship Committee
CWA Local 1182
108-18 Queens Boulevard, Suite 701
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(This includes application with signoff by Guidance Counselor, essay, and letter of recommendation)